Thursday, June 23, 2011

Might as well just eat the brownie!





These are the brownies they brought to work for desert after lunch today.


When I was 15 or so,  I would have passed these up.....not even tried them.   Not because of the decadent fudge (Oh yumminess beyond measure!) , because of the walnuts.  My tastes have changed with age and I eat things that shock my parents. There is no way I would have even considered some of the things I eat now when I was younger. Who would have thought green pepper, tomato, eggplant, squash, onions  any cheese other than Parmesan, cheddar or American, ....the list goes on, were so delicious?



Example.... green chili pork.   Mouthwatering.  


Would I have eaten it when I was younger?


Nope.  


My husband should get most of the credit for my gustatory transformation.  He eats things that shock me......and most other Americans.  With the exception of Andrew Zimmern, he has eaten things Peter doesn't even like.


So when these brownies showed up today, I tried to be good.   I cut a small chunk off to try. 


That was stupid.


When have I ever been content with a small chunk of something so gooey and decadent?


Um...... never!  Not sure why I even bothered.  I ended up going back 3 times to get another small chunk.





Evil brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment