Friday, April 13, 2012

Pinteresting Ideas Come To Life.

I wrote a while back that I had become a pinner and wondered if others had been successful in doing some of the projects they had pinned.  Here  are a few that I have been successful in trying out.



DIY Cloth Diaper detergent.    Using it for a couple weeks now with similar results as detergents you buy specifically for diapers....... only way cheaper.  I spend the same amount of money to buy the ingredients but can make more detergent than you get in a package.  Win win!




Homemade disinfecting wipes.  Save money, save trees.....another win win!  Simply take old t-shirts (cause everybody has them)  and cut into squares.   Follow the recipe on her site and wipe down every surface you can reach.  Throw them in the wash and re-use them later.



Homemade Dishwasher and Scouring Powder.    Another money saver.  Been using this one for a couple weeks now too with similar results as specifically bought products at a fraction of the cost.  I went with the Kool-aid version because I could not easily find lemon oil.  Now if only I had a descent dishwasher I think the results would be amazing, but you work with what you have.  I think it works great as a scouring powder too.

The cleaning wipes and dishwasher powder came from onegoodthingbyjillee.com.  She has some really great ideas. 

Kitchen command center Home Management Binder already downloading the forms... ah ha!

Kitchen Command Center            Home Management Binder       DIY Fabric Liner and Cover


Yep working on putting all this together.   I made the DIY fabric liner and cover using an old wipes box and some scrap fabric.  That box has become the Command Center box and the Binder is still a work in progress.....waiting for some papers from my hubby.   Overall it is coming together nicely.


cut a slit into a toilet paper roll to make a wrapping paper cuff! (keeps the paper from unrolling everywhere)

Yeah, super easy right?!   I started saving TP tubes and putting them on the wrapping paper rolls.

  recipe binder

Recipe Binder I am a collector of yummy recipes and the papers started to pile up.  I ended up not making this myself but bought one for about what it would have cost to make it. I just got all my  printed recipes into it and like how less cluttered my recipe book shelf looks. 

 The number of recipes I have gotten off of Pinterest is ridiculous and delicious all at the same time.  I think I may be addicted.   I like organization and this allows me to put my favorite sites and ideas in order.   Thanks Ben and staff you rock!



No comments:

Post a Comment