Friday, April 8, 2011

Open Mouth, Insert Foot (Written April 7th, 2011)

This is terrible and I have caught myself doing it on a number of occasions.  It's one of those things that you don't even realize you are doing until the person starts to look at you funny.  You know how  when you are speaking to an individual of a foreign descent that speaks little English; and they say "What?"or look at you confused, so you start speaking louder. Their hearing could be fine, yet you are practically yelling at them because you think that will help.   Heaven help me I know I have done this!  I did it today!!   I have absolutely nothing against foreign individuals...I am married to one.   I guess it is one of those "open mouth, insert foot" moments.  I suspect everyone does it at some point.

1 comment: