Friday, April 8, 2011

Shoes (Written March 23rd)

Because of the dog poo incident on Sunday, Carter and I made a trip out to get another pair of shoes.  I cleaned all the poo off the other shoes, but he only had one pair that worked for him.  He needed another pair, so off we went.   After forgetting a few items and having to turn around to go get said items, we found ourselves at Target. Target had a decent selection.  We got him a pair of sandal “type” and a new swimming suit with a matching swim shirt.  I have read about the swim shirts with SPF in  the fabric.  Peter pointed out “Wouldn’t just a t-shirt do the same thing.”  Touché Renaissance Baba.  
  

 We were actually on a mission for some tennis shoes.  Tennies with a soft, flexible sole because he is still a new walker and has his mother’s grace.   Our journey took us to Famous Footwear.  I had printed a coupon off and I was hoping that we could find a decent pair for a reasonable price.   Boy was I wrong.   I am picky and the shoes that fit what I was looking for were also probably one of the more expensive pairs.


 $37.00 later we came home with these.  I’m not sure when I signed that document that said my child would have the most expensive shoes, when really I wish it was me,  but somewhere in his 15 months of existence I did.   Daddy said “Too bad they are not size proportional to their price.”   Peter…..always a treasure trove of sensible, sometimes cheeky comments.

On as side note after discussing kids shoes with several of my co-workers my "buyers remorse" is gone.  If your kids don't have decent shoes it can cost you money down the road with doctor bills for bad knees, ankles, ect.  Get your kids good shoes! 

**Famous Footwear and Target have no idea who I am and I am no way compensated for using there name.  I just happen to shop at those 2 stores today.**   

No comments:

Post a Comment