Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

I was in my apartment watching TV  I was not watching a channel that was showing footage of the attack.  My cousin, who was my room-mate at the time, came running in the front door from class.  


"Have you seen what's happening?  Change the channel. We have been attacked! New York." 


I quickly changed the channel, unaware of how serious the situation was.  We both watched in shock as only moments later the second tower was hit.  


"We are going to war."  My cousin said.  He kept saying it. 


We watched in horror as the towers fell. Horror of the footage of the plane that hit the Pentagon. Horror as news came of Flight 93.   


In the moments, days, weeks, following the attack we came together as a nation to show the evil that attacked us that they had not broken us, but made us stronger.   I wish we could be as united as we were that day, every day.   


God bless the families that lost that day.


God bless men and women who serve our cities as firefighters, police and medical personnel.


God bless the men and women in the military services. 


God Bless the United States of America.     

No comments:

Post a Comment