Monday, September 10, 2012

Apple Picking

My cousin has an apple tree in her back yard and every year they have an apple picking party. The apples are similar to a granny smith, so they are awesome for baking but a little tart for eating.   This year the apple picking happened a little earlier due to the crazy weather, or lack there of,  we have had here.






My FIL Hong is visiting this week so he joined in on the action.   After showing Carter what he had to do he helped for all of about three minutes then decided he would just hold the bag open for everyone else, which led to him running off and playing with the other kids.





In the end we got 2 large bags of apples, though at the time I had no idea what we were going to do with them.   We enjoyed some beverages and chatted with the other apple pickers, then headed out for Pizza per Carter's request.  The next day I borrowed two apple peeler/corer/slicers and ended up freezing 7 bags of apples for pies or crisps.   It only took us about 2 hours from start to finish and I had Hong and Peter helping. 

Then I baked a pie.......a caramel apple crisp pie.



It was yummy.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment