Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Freaky Fridge

How often do you open your refrigerator and shudder at the mess inside?



What is this sticky gelatinous goo?



If you think about it, you store the food you eat in this device and you want to keep it clean....... pristine.....immaculate.

Well I had not cleaned ours in a while, so I tackled it yesterday.  See how there is a mad jumble of condiments and a mish-mosh of un-organization on the shelves. (Yes I said un-organization see OCP .)





I emptied everything out of the doors, throwing away anything old.  I even took the rails off the doors and scrubbed them out.

I threw out Peter's jars of rotten tofu that expired in 2010.  Which leads to the question............ if it was already "rotten", does it really expire?

I want to say that whoever thought that making the doors of a refrigerator textured was an idiot.  the dirt and grime gets down into every crack and you you have to scrub and scrub to get it clean, and contrary to what I think most men believe (a guy probably thought of it),  it is not supposed to have dark black lines following the texture pattern and yes if you put a little elbow grease (aka work)  into it will come clean.

Sorry,  soap box there.

Back to cleaning.

I cleared off each shelf starting with the top one and took them out, washed and dried them.  Then put them all back in.




Carter jumped in on the action for about 2 minutes realized exactly how much fun it actually was and went back to watching Monster's Inc.   He was very helpful in hading me things as I put them back into the refrigerator.  Except for some reason he thought the peach looked like a ball and threw it at the drawer. 

At the end of the process all manner of stains and crusties had been cleaned out and it looked pretty good.




When Peter got home he opened the fridge and said, "Did you redo the fridge? Looks Good."

Thanks honey, I'm glad you noticed.  It feels good to get something like that finished and have it pointed out. It just proves that on my day off  I can be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment